FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This page is intended for Lunch / Fundraising Coordinators at schools or businesses since it's the school (PAC) or business that decides whether they would like to consider using the MunchaLunch system.
- How does a family place an order?
- Each family creates a MunchaLunch family account by entering their email address and a password, adding children to their account, and then placing their order.
- What if a parent forgets their password?
- They can easily retrieve their password by clicking forgot password the Login page. It will be sent to the family account email address in less than 1 minute.
- Is there anything special needed to access MunchaLunch?
- Munch is a web-based program so all you need is a modern browser and access to the internet!
- What kind of support do you provide?
- We are known for our outstanding support. The MunchaLunch support team is available day and evening, 7 days a week – by email or phone.
- How do parents order for more than one child?
- Easy. Once they have created the order for their first child they simply select “choose another child” and Munch will take them back to the beginning of the order system.
- Are payments made separately or by lump-sum?
- Orders are placed separately for each child but the ‘payment due’ is presented as a lump-sum.
- Can orders be paid by credit card?
- Yes, the MunchaLunch system works with Paypal as the merchant services provider. Parents can use a Paypal account if they have one or instead enter their credit card details on-screen on the Paypal site. It’s fast, easy, and secure.
- How do parents get a copy of their order?
- The MunchaLunch system sends an automated email which includes a copy of the order. Parents can also login to their account anytime and re-print their order/s.
- How do parents keep track of what they ordered for their kids?
- In addition to being able to re-print their order (as described above) parents will ALSO receive an automated email lunch reminder, the day before each lunch day! This reminder lists their child’s specific food items ordered.
- Does MunchaLunch sell food?
- No, MunchaLunch does not sell food. The system allows school lunch and fundraising coordinators to set up their program online and allows families to place orders online. Coordinators can work with as many different local food vendors and other suppliers as they wish.
- Is information stored in MunchaLunch secure?
- Yes. Our site uses fully encrypted secured internet protocols (SSL) which is the same technology used by large corporations and banks. The data is housed in a secured datacenter amd information is never shared with any 3rd party.
- How can a parent place an order if they don’t have internet access?
- Perhaps they can borrow a friend’s computer for 5 minutes to place their order. Alternatively, the parent could be provided with a hard copy order form (a report which is auto-generated by MunchaLunch) and the Lunch Coordinator would then create the parent account on the parent’s behalf and enter the order into MunchaLunch.
- Is there a limit on the number of lunch items and menus that can be entered in the MunchaLunch system?
- No, there is no limit – it is completely up to the Lunch Coordinator/s. Munch can handle as little or as much as is desired.
- How can parents be assured that their child will receive the correct order?
- Munch generates Class Distribution lists which includes each child’s name and order. These lists will accompany the complete order that gets delivered to the classroom and will be used to distribute the orders.