FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does a family submit their order?
- Each family creates a family account (one-time) and email address/password to gain access to Munch.
- What happens if I want to change my order after I’ve submitted it online?
- No problem. You can change your order details as long as the ordering session is still open and you haven't yet paid for your order. The ordering session is typically 2 weeks long and payment is normally required by the end of that 2 week period.
- What if I forget my password?
- You can easily retrieve your password by clicking 'forgot password'. It will be sent to the family account email address in less than 1 minute.
- Do I need anything special on my computer to access Munch?
- Munch is a web-based program so all you need is access to the internet!
- How do I order for more than one child?
- Easy. Once you have created the order for your first child you simply select “choose another child” and Munch will take you back to the beginning of the order system.
- Do I pay separately or by lump-sum for my children?
- You place separate orders for each of your children but the ‘payment due’ is presented as a lump-sum.
- What happens if I miss the deadline for ordering lunch online?
- You will need to see your school lunch coordinator to determine their policy on submitting late orders.
- Can I get a print-out of my order?
- Yes. The system will provide you with a PDF of your receipt which includes all of your order details. You can also login to your account anytime and re-print your receipt.
- How do I keep track of what I ordered for my kids?
- In addition to being able to re-print your order (as described above) you will ALSO receive an automated email lunch-reminder, the day before each lunch day, which lists your child’s name and specific food items ordered!
- Does the Munch system sell food?
- No, munchalunch does not sell food. Munch allows school lunch coordinators to set up their lunch program and allows families to place orders online. Lunch coordinators can work with as many different food suppliers as they wish – Munch can accommodate a few or a lot!
- Is my information that I enter into Munch secure?
- Absolutely. The Munch software system and database resides on a secured (SSL) encrypted webserver – the same security that large Corporations and Banks use to store data.
- How do I order if I don’t have internet access?
- Perhaps you can borrow a friend’s computer for 5 minutes to place your order. Or a paper order form can be provided from Munch which you can complete and then it can be entered into Munch by the lunch coordinator at your school.
- Is there a limit on the number of lunch items and menus that are available?
- That decision is completely up to the school Lunch Coordinator/s. Munch can handle as little or as much as is desired.
- Can I pay for my order by credit card?
- Yes, you can pay online with your credit card! It’s fast, easy, and secure.
- How will I know if I owe money?
- Munch will automatically total up your order and present you with the total amount due. You will receive email reminders if your account is not paid before the payment deadline arrives. If payment is not received by the deadline then the school lunch coordinator will notify you that it must be received in order to process your order.
- How can I be assured that my child will receive the correct order?
- Munch generates Class Distribution lists which provide details of each child and their associated order. These lists will accompany the complete order that gets delivered to the classroom and will be used to distribute the lunch orders.